Celebrate the best of a summer with a fresh catch and a seafood dinner every night. Nothing speaks to the summer more than grilled fillets, bright ceviches, tacos by the shore, and plenty of lemony-lobster. This summer, make it your mission to seek out the best the ocean has to offer and enjoy it with friends, family, and plenty of cold cervezas every night. Here, 24 sizzling summer seafood recipes, from ceviches to salads to sandwiches to tacos, to get your mouth watering. Buen provecho.
Fish tacos certainly get a lot of press these days, but sometimes Oyster Tacos are the ticket. Quick prep and ready ingredients make this dish easy and impressive. It also pairs nicely with our Easy Salsa de Chile Chipotle.
At Barraca, chef Jesús Núñez serves up tons of paella. In this recipe, Núñez shares his version of the classic Paella de Marisco, filled with swordfish, shrimp, clams, musssels, squid, and cuttlefish and boosted in flavor by a concentrated jammy sofrito.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed to a paste or finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 good pinch of saffron threads
- 4 cleaned small squid
- 1 small cuttlefish
This light and healthy dish is perfect for the season: shrimp and mango are grilled and topped with a crisp roasted corn and smooth avocado salsa.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 2 large firm mangoes, fruit cut from seeds, peeled, and sliced into long wedges
There are a lot of flavors coming together in this pasta dish, but they all harmonize perfectly with each other. The entire meal leans heavily on the Latin cuisine with a hint of Italian influence. The avocado sauce is rich and creamy, and goes well with the pasta, and the garlicky shrimp harmonizes the entire dish.
In this recipe, thin shrimp halves are marinated with tangy lime, chiles, and sharp red onion before being piled on crisp cooling cucumber and creamy avocado slices.
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed and halved, horizontally
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 jalapeno serrano or other heat packing chile chopped fine (seeds removed, optional)
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 4-5 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
This delicious tuna tostada is a must-order at Rene Ortiz's Austin-based restaurant La Condesa.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chipotle in Adobo
- 3 yellow corn tortillas
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 5 ounces tuna loin
- 1 small cucumber cut into coins
- 2 teaspoon skosher salt
- 3 juiced limes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 piece serrano chile
- 1 ounce soy sauce
Shrimp, squash, and potatoes make these enchiladas a delicious and hearty meal, especially with the addition of seasonal Hatch chiles. If Hatch chiles aren't in season, you can substitute another chile of your liking, make it as hot (or as not) as you like it.
- 5 tomatillos, washed and casings removed
- 6 large Hatch chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 tablespoon plus1 quart water for boiling, plus 1/2 cup for salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, raw and peeled
- 3 gold Yukon Idaho Potatoes, washed and chopped in 1/2″ cubes
- 2 large Mexican squash, washed and chopped in 1/2″ cubes
- 2 radishes, sliced in matchsticks
This light and refreshing salad pairs creamy avocado and rich smoked salmon with a bright vinaigrette made from a trio of citrus juices: lime, lemon, and grapefruit.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1.2 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chef José Andrés proves, in this elevated paella recipe, that cooking with ingredients like lobster and mushrooms doesn't have to break the bank. By using the lobster head to make a flavorful stock for cooking the rice, and adding bits of the lobster meat and flavorful chanterelle mushrooms, a little bit goes a long way toward creating a big, boldly flavored, paella dinner.
- 1 ripe tomato, halved
- 1/2 head garlic, papery skin removed and halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 ñora chili pepper (or any other dried sweet chili pepper), seeded
- 4 fresh flat leaf parsley sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 1½-pound lobster
The authentic Latin flavors of tomatillos, jalapeños, and panela cheese make this recipe a delicious, unique twist on traditional lasagna. It’s creamy and rich without a lot of heavy, high-fat ingredients and the shrimp adds lean protein.
This Ecuadorian dish's various notes sing out distinctly—the bright flavors and acidity of the citrus fruits and tomato, the heat and crunch of the jalapeño and onion, the smooth savor of the olive oil, the tender sweetness of the crabmeat, the pungent leafiness of the cilantro, and the gentle spike of the salt all fall into perfect harmony.
Make a batch of these delicious tuna croquettes as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner with a side salad!
- 1 pound russet or idaho potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 can tuna drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup and extra for dipping
- 1 cup canola oil (or any cooking oil you prefer)
- salt and pepper to taste
A light and refreshing ceviche with a touch of spice for the warm weather months.
- 2 mahi mahi, diced
- 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped cucumber
- 2 teaspoons diced avocado
- 2 tablespoons diced or slivered red onions
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped serrano (seeds removed for less heat if desired)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Salmon is glazed in a sweet and tropical medly of orange and mango juices with a touch of honey then grilled till tender and succulent.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 ounces plus 2/3 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 ounce salt
- 1/4 ounce black pepper
- 1/4 ounce garlic powder
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1/3 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1/3 jalapeño, cut strips lengthwise
- 4 salmon fillets
Sea bass a la Chorrillana, is a juicy entrée bursting with flavor, and consists of fried or steamed fish served on a bed of sautéed vegetables.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon mashed garlic
- 1 ají amarillo, cut in thin slices or aji amarillo paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 red onions, cut in thick slices
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fish or vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and cut in thick slices
- 2 sea bass fillets
This flavorful and easy tilapia recipe is all about fresh ingredients and great textures. Tilapia fillets, a healthy and inexpensive choice, are coated with crushed tortilla chips mixed with hint of ancho and cumin and then baked until golden and crunchy. A salad of beans, corn, sweet mango, and tart kiwi provides a fresh and juicy accompanyment the whole family will love.
- 4 ounces tortilla chips, finely crushed in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- 8 tilapia fillets, thawed if frozen
- 115-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 115-ounce can corn kernels, drained
- 115-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 large kiwis, peeled and diced
Jose Garces is a master of tapas and this recipe for Crab Montadito is a perfect example of his skills. A fresh tomato puree is spread on garlic toasts and then topped with silky avocado slices, a creamy savory crab salad and a sprinkling of espelette pepper.
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo lump crab
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Marinated sea bass takes on a whole new flavor when using tacos al pastor seasonings with a savory pineapple lime sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 white onion
- 1 bundle fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 guajillo pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound sea bass
Crab and Avocado Cakes are comprised of the same ingredients commonly used in seafood salads enjoyed along the Gulf of Mexico. Packed with sweet and salty morsels of crab, crunchy bread crumbs, and lumps of cool, buttery avocado, Crab and Avocado Cakes need only few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in order to achieve perfection.
- 1 pound crabmeat, picked over
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper